This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [rfa] Detect __aeabi_read_tp even without symbols
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <dan at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, rearnsha at arm dot com
- Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 11:17:44 -0400
- Subject: Re: [rfa] Detect __aeabi_read_tp even without symbols
- References: <201010200002.o9K02VsX019850@d12av02.megacenter.de.ibm.com>
On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 02:02:31AM +0200, Ulrich Weigand wrote:
> OK for mainline?
The approach looks good to me. Two comments on the implementation:
the explanation is just as valid in the ARM case as the Thumb case,
and we should not do this read if we know the name of the target
function and it is different from __aeabi_read_tp. Both of these can
be accomplished by putting the check in skip_prologue_function