This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Fix Makefile.in in data-directory
- From: Doug Evans <dje at google dot com>
- To: Jie Zhang <jie at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 13:13:12 -0700
- Subject: Re: Fix Makefile.in in data-directory
- References: <4CBEDBF5.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 5:09 AM, Jie Zhang <email@example.com> wrote:
> The current install rule in the Makefile.in of data-directory uses recursive make but does not pass FLAGS_TO_PASS. This causes an issue when people try to override prefix with command line option "make install", i.e. data-directory will still be installed under the configure time prefix. This patch fixes it. ?OK?
[Apologies for the resend.]
Thanks for the bug report. Forgot about that.
This patch is not ok though. A parallel make (e.g. -jN) might try to
build all and install-only simultaneously.
$(MAKE) install-only $(FLAGS_TO_PASS)
For reference sake, there are other instances of "install: all install-only".
They need to be fixed too.