This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch 1/2] Fix overload resolution of int* vs void*
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: sami wagiaalla <swagiaal at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 12:54:11 -0600
- Subject: Re: [patch 1/2] Fix overload resolution of int* vs void*
- References: <4C7BCD42.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <4CAF6546.firstname.lastname@example.org>
>>>>> "Sami" == sami wagiaalla <email@example.com> writes:
Sami> + Return 1 if so, and 0 if not. If PUBLIC is 1 then only public
Sami> + ancestors ancestors are considered, and the function returns 1 only
One of those "ancestors" is redundant.
Sami> if (is_ancestor (base, TYPE_BASECLASS (dclass, i)))
This should call do_is_ancestor.
Sami> +/* Check whether BASE is an ancestor or base class or DCLASS
Sami> + Return 1 if so, and 0 if not.
Sami> + Note: callers may want to check for identity of the types before
Sami> + calling this function -- identical types are considered to satisfy
Sami> + the ancestor relationship even if they're identical. */
I know this is just copied text, but it isn't very clear. If you want
to clean it up, I would appreciate it, but it isn't a requirement.