This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] Quiet a tracepoint notification with gdbserver
- From: Stan Shebs <stan at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Daniel Jacobowitz <dan at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, Stan Shebs <stan at codesourcery dot com>, Pedro Alves <pedro at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 11:52:21 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFA] Quiet a tracepoint notification with gdbserver
- References: <20101008174145.GP23776@caradoc.them.org>
Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
Since gdbserver now defines trace_timestamp, we get a notice after
connection. This is confusing if you're not trying to use
tracepoints. I suggest the attached patch; OK?
It's OK with me. I think what we really want is some kind of "I'm a
tracepoint user" hint or heuristic that activates this class of warning,
but we don't yet have enough user feedback to know how much effort we
need to make.