This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [rfa] ARM prologue parsing support for Thumb-2 instructions
- From: "Ulrich Weigand" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: rearnsha at arm dot com (Richard Earnshaw)
- Cc: dan at codesourcery dot com, matthew dot gretton-dann at arm dot com, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 15:31:58 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [rfa] ARM prologue parsing support for Thumb-2 instructions
Richard Earnshaw wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-10-08 at 14:54 +0200, Ulrich Weigand wrote:
> > ChangeLog:
> > * arm-tdep.c (thumb_expand_immediate): New function.
> > (thumb_instruction_changes_pc): Likewise.
> > (thumb2_instruction_changes_pc): Likewise.
> > (thumb_analyze_prologue): Handle 32-bit Thumb instructions during
> > prologue parsing. Improved support for optimized code.
> > (thumb_scan_prologue): Do not reply on line-number information,
> > use same heuristics as arm_scan_prologue insead.
> > (skip_prologue_function): Accept functions
> > "__tls_get_addr" and "__aeabi_read_tp".
Thanks for the quick review! I've checked this in as well.
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
GNU Toolchain for Linux on System z and Cell BE