This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] Extend hashed symbol dictionaries to work with Ada
- From: Paul Hilfinger <HIlfinger at cs dot berkeley dot edu>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Hilfinger at adacore dot com, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 20:28:40 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFA] Extend hashed symbol dictionaries to work with Ada
- References: <201010050820.o958Kf42002588@syracuse.mckusick.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Hilfinger at adacore dot com
On Wed, 2010-10-06 at 16:43 -0600, Tom Tromey wrote:
> >>>>> "Paul" == Paul Hilfinger <email@example.com> writes:
> Paul> +full_match (const char* sym_name, const char* search_name)
> I noticed a few spots in the patch with "char* something" instead of
> "char *something".
Sorry; that notation is a personal quirk of mine (I consider * to be
part of the type; naturally, this means I have to avoid making the
'char* x, y' mistake). I sometimes forget to change it to the
wrong ... er ... standard way before submitting.
> Paul> + case '$': case '.': case 'X': case '(':
> I personally think it is clearer to put each case on a separate line,
> but I don't insist on it.
OK, since it appears that the only other places with more than one
case on a line are in arm-tdep.c and remote.c.
Thanks for looking at this.