This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] Extend hashed symbol dictionaries to work with Ada
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Hilfinger at adacore dot com
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 16:43:32 -0600
- Subject: Re: [RFA] Extend hashed symbol dictionaries to work with Ada
- References: <201010050820.o958Kf42002588@syracuse.mckusick.com>
>>>>> "Paul" == Paul Hilfinger <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Paul> This patch allows Ada to speed up symbol lookup by using the facilities
Paul> in dictionary.[ch] for hashed lookups.
Paul> Because this patch touches on a hashing algorithm used by other
Paul> languages, I took the precaution of doing a speed test on a list of
Paul> about 12000 identifiers (repeatedly inserting all of them into a table
Paul> and then doing a lookup on a million names at random, thus testing the
Paul> speed of the hashing algorithm and how well it distributed names).
Thanks for looking at this.
Paul> +full_match (const char* sym_name, const char* search_name)
I noticed a few spots in the patch with "char* something" instead of
Paul> + case '$': case '.': case 'X': case '(':
I personally think it is clearer to put each case on a separate line,
but I don't insist on it.
This is ok with the "char *" spacing thing fixed.