This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] Rename dwarf2read.c mapped_index.index_table, et.al.
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: dje at google dot com (Doug Evans)
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 13:31:52 -0600
- Subject: Re: [RFA] Rename dwarf2read.c mapped_index.index_table, et.al.
- References: <20101005035923.EAEAF24619A@ruffy.mtv.corp.google.com>
>>>>> "Doug" == Doug Evans <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Doug> There are two uses of member "index_table", in structs
Doug> dwarf2_per_objfile and mapped_index. The use in mapped_index is
Doug> confusing (to me anyway). I'm always asking: "index of what?"
Doug> I'm happy to use another name besides symbol_table.
Doug> symbol_hash_table? symbol_index_table?
Doug> But "index_table" doesn't adequately convey what the contents are.
Doug> Ok to check in?
IMO you don't have to ask.
But, FWIW, the renamings are fine by me. Thank you for doing this.