This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: PATCH: Set MAX_REGISTER_SIZE to 64
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: "H.J. Lu" <hongjiu dot lu at intel dot com>, GDB <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 15:46:13 -0600
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Set MAX_REGISTER_SIZE to 64
- References: <20100913170907.GA25598@intel.com> <20100930182219.GB6213@adacore.com>
>>>>> "Joel" == Joel Brobecker <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>> * defs.h (MAX_REGISTER_SIZE): Set to 64.
Joel> In the meantime, seems OK to me (for HEAD). I'm OK with putting
Joel> this in 7.2, but I'd like the OK from another maintainer before
Joel> you put it in 7.2, just to be on the safe side .
I think that would be fine.
>From a little looking around there don't seem to be many bad effects
from bumping this. Mostly it seems to be used to size arrays on the
Joel> : It's still unclear whether there will be another release off
Joel> the 7.2 branch. I think something to be re-evaluated later,
Joel> around Oct/Nov. Perhaps we can informally talk about it at
Joel> the GCC Summit?
Sounds good to me. I think we should have a BOF or something, but I
haven't yet looked into setting it up.