This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
[7.2.x-checkin] Re: [patch] Fix regression on prelinked executables
- From: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>, Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 22:55:58 +0200
- Subject: [7.2.x-checkin] Re: [patch] Fix regression on prelinked executables
On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 18:36:48 +0200, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> I'm not sure about putting it on the 7.2 branch, however. Given that
> this can directly affect Darwin, I'd rather give this patch an observation
> period and potentially put it in 7.2.1.
On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 00:14:23 +0200, Tom Tromey wrote:
> >>>>> "Joel" == Joel Brobecker <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Joel> Regarding the patch - if a second GM thinks it's safe for 7.2, then
> Joel> that's also good enough for me.
> I didn't look that closely :)
* symfile.c (addr_section_name): New function.
(addrs_section_compar): Use it.
(addr_info_make_relative): Use it. Move variable sect_name into a more
inner block. Make ".dynbss" and ".sdynbss" checks more strict.
* gdb.base/prelink-lib.c (copyreloc): New initialized variable.
* gdb.base/prelink.c (copyreloc, bssvar, bssvarp): New variables.
(main): Use copyreloc.
* gdb.base/prelink.exp (split debug of executable)
(.dynbss vs. .bss address shift): New tests.
Checked-in for 7.2.1, if any.