This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch] Fix linux-ia64 on SIGILL for deleted breakpoint
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 11:04:26 +0200
- Subject: Re: [patch] Fix linux-ia64 on SIGILL for deleted breakpoint
- References: <20100719085817.GA24395@host1.dyn.jankratochvil.net>
On Jul 19, 2010, at 10:58 AM, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> in some cases ia64 can generate SIGILL instead of SIGTRAP. Guessing it is
> a CPU bug instead of Linux kernel bug (but I may be wrong).
This is not a bug but a feature: the immediate of break.b is ignored by the processor.