This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [0/7] RFC: read DWARF psymtabs in the background
- From: Mark Kettenis <mark dot kettenis at xs4all dot nl>
- To: tromey at redhat dot com
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 22:05:29 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [0/7] RFC: read DWARF psymtabs in the background
- References: <email@example.com>
> From: Tom Tromey <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 12:21:58 -0600
> I realize that threads are unpopular in many quarters, so this is an RFC.
Sorry, but this is pretty much a no-go for OpenBSD. We have a
userland threads implementation that puts file descriptors in
non-blocking mode such that it can switch to another thread if I/O to
that filedescriptor would block. This has side effects if these file
descriptors are shared with child processes :(.