This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Add support for the GDB Python Library
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 17:08:39 -0700
- Subject: Add support for the GDB Python Library
One of the things that we still don't have in the FSF tree is a "GDB
Python Library" - that is a collection of standard Python scripts that
come with GDB. The idea is to help future contributions but setting
things up so that it's easy to add new python-based commands/functions/
This is what this couple of patches provide:
- Patch #1: Defines a pythondir where the GDB Python library is
expected to be found, and enhances the GDB/python support to
look for them there.
- Path #2: is built on top of patch #1, and provides the first
such python patch. We selected one form project archer that
might be useful: pahole.py.