This is the mail archive of the mailing list for the GDB project.

Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: [RFA 2/4] dwarf2_physname

On 11/23/2009 12:07 PM, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 08:51:16AM -0800, Keith Seitz wrote:
On 11/20/2009 02:09 PM, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

I am generally opposed to committing known regressions.  If there are
supporting patches we need to get in first, let's do that; if there
are tests we decide to break, let's XFAIL or KFAIL them.  That's the
only way we can make the testsuite more useful.

Sami has a follow-on patch that he could submit to fix all of these tests (they all pass on archer-keiths-expr-cumulative). Perhaps it would be acceptable for Sami to submit that patchset when/if this patch is accepted? [His patches rely on this patchset.]

If it applies on top of this, could he post it now? Then we can treat them as a unit for review and testing purposes.

I looked into this. It turns out that this is fixed by the patches posted on the thread rooted at this message

Applying these patches prior to applying Keith's fixes the namespace.exp issues.

Note: parts of keiths patch to do with removing references to linkage name from cp-support, cp-namespace.c, valops.c give rise to conflicts so I just remove those manually.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]