This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Fix Solaris gcore / shared libraries interaction
- From: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 15:34:21 +0100
- Subject: Re: Fix Solaris gcore / shared libraries interaction
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 01:10:27 +0100, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> With some versions of the Solaris 10 dynamic linker, if you create a
> core file with GDB's gcore command and then load that core file into
> GDB, you get warnings of the form
> warning: Can't read pathname for load map: I/O error.
The exactly the same problem+reasons affects not only GNU/Linux gcore but also
native kernel core dumps:
* glibc insists its behavior is correct
* core dumping in Linux kernel could be fixed but a patch containing similar
deep understanding of link_map was already rejected before so I doubt this
one would get accepted.
Isn't suitable the GDB change for the core file loading never replied here?
[patch] Fix GNU/Linux core open: Can't read pathname for load map: Input/output error.