This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] fix cross builds of sim/ppc
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Nathan Froyd <froydnj at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 18:04:53 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] fix cross builds of sim/ppc
- References: <20091113215520.GN31393@codesourcery.com>
On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 01:55:20PM -0800, Nathan Froyd wrote:
> The patch below fixes a cross build problem with sim/ppc. sim/ppc
> builds various tools which are then used to generate source files for
> the simulator. The problem is that as things currently stand, those
> build-machine tools use a config.h generated for the host machine. This
> mismatch can cause the build to fail, depending on the differences
> between headers.
> The patch fixes this by detecting the cross-compilation case and
> generating a build-config.h file that correctly reflects the
> idiosyncrasies of the build machine. build-config.h is then included in
> the necessary source files. The logic is lifted straight from gcc's own
> Tested with cross to powerpc-eabi for i686-pc-linux-gnu and i686-mingw32
> hosts. OK to commit?