This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH,testsuite] fix remote-host testing for tests using shared libraries
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Nathan Froyd <froydnj at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 10:55:32 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH,testsuite] fix remote-host testing for tests using shared libraries
- References: <20091112154430.GK31393@codesourcery.com>
On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 07:44:30AM -0800, Nathan Froyd wrote:
> The patch below fixes various remote-host failures for tests that use
> shared libraries. In normal testing, we link shared libraries using
> absolute paths, so it's not a problem to find the libraries at runtime.
> However, in remote-host testing, shared libraries are copied to the
> remote host and linked against using relative paths. Therefore, we need
> to specify -rpath to ensure that the library is found at runtime. The
> patch just moves a bit of logic around and adds a remote_host check.
> Tested with cross to powerpc-linux-gnu on mingw32 host. OK to commit?