This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
[RFA] dcache invalidate fix
- From: Michael Snyder <msnyder at vmware dot com>
- To: "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>, Doug Evans <dje at google dot com>, jdpotter at google dot com
- Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 13:33:45 -0800
- Subject: [RFA] dcache invalidate fix
Doug, I'm vague about this, but it seems right and it fixes the
bug that I'm running into.
It seems like dcache_invalidate_line needs to remove the block
from the in use list at the same time as adding it to the freed
The problem that bit me was getting the two lists cross-linked,
which eventually led to an infinite loop behavior in dcache_invalidate.
2009-11-10 Michael Snyder <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* dcache.c (dcache_invalidate_line): Remove block from used list
when adding it to freed list.
RCS file: /cvs/src/src/gdb/dcache.c,v
retrieving revision 1.37
diff -u -p -r1.37 dcache.c
--- dcache.c 10 Nov 2009 18:36:50 -0000 1.37
+++ dcache.c 10 Nov 2009 21:31:03 -0000
@@ -167,10 +167,18 @@ dcache_invalidate_line (DCACHE *dcache,
+ struct dcache_block *db2;
splay_tree_remove (dcache->tree, (splay_tree_key) db->addr);
db->newer = dcache->freelist;
dcache->freelist = db;
+ /* Remove db from dcache in-use chain. */
+ for (db2 = dcache->oldest; db2; db2 = db2->newer)
+ if (db2->newer == db)
+ dcache->newest = db2;
+ db2->newer = NULL;