This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch] Fix "Cannot find DIE" error with -gdwarf-4
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 16:35:48 -0500
- Subject: Re: [patch] Fix "Cannot find DIE" error with -gdwarf-4
- References: <email@example.com>
On Mon, Nov 09, 2009 at 01:31:32PM -0800, Cary Coutant wrote:
> This patch fixes a problem in read_import_statement, where we get a
> "Cannot find DIE" error when trying to process a DW_AT_import
> attribute that refers to a DIE in a different CU. When finding the
> referenced DIE, the current code clobbers the CU parameter, but later
> calls determine_prefix(die, cu), assuming that CU is still the CU that
> contains DIE.
> I found this problem using -gdwarf-4 and DW_FORM_sig8, but I don't
> think this problem was introduced with the support for type units. The
> same problem could have occurred given a compiler that splits debug
> info into separate compilation units by include file, using
> DW_FORM_ref_addr to refer to a DIE in a different CU.
> OK for trunk?