This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Don't split executable paths with spaces in into multiple arguments
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Jon Beniston <jon at beniston dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 10:41:23 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Don't split executable paths with spaces in into multiple arguments
- References: <003c01ca5d52$1715da50$45418ef0$@com> <20091104161727.GH4557@adacore.com>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Joel" == Joel Brobecker <email@example.com> writes:
>> 2009-11-04 Jon Beniston <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>> * remote-sim.c(gdbsim_create_inferior) Quote executable path in case
>> contains spaces.
Joel> OK. This is not handling the case where the filename contains a double
Joel> quote, but it is not making things worse, and double-quotes in filenames
Joel> are probably extremely rare.
It seems to me that it would not be significantly harder for the code to
do the correct thing in all cases.