This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Remove m68k-elf special cases from gdb.trace
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Stan Shebs <stan at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, Michael Snyder <msnyder at vmware dot com>
- Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 15:09:22 -0500
- Subject: Re: Remove m68k-elf special cases from gdb.trace
- References: <20091102012332.GA31878@caradoc.them.org> <4AF078EE.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, Nov 03, 2009 at 10:39:42AM -0800, Stan Shebs wrote:
> WP has some background at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EMC_Symmetrix .
> Ironically, the original tracepoint project was motivated by EMC's
> PowerPC transition - the 68k bits were just for testing in the meantime.
> (IIRC EMC never used GDB for 68k-target debugging at all!) So there's
> nothing lost by ditching those bits, and it will clear the field for
> updating to modern setup.
Thank you both. I've checked it in.