This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: RFC: save lots of memory
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 09:28:39 -0800
- Subject: Re: RFC: save lots of memory
- References: <email@example.com>
> This patch changes gdb so that such names are not copied. This saves a
> lot of memory. For example, I ran OO.o writer and attached to it with
> gdb (I have full debug info installed for OO.o and all its
As discussed on IRC, I looked at the patch, and I think it is pretty
nice. The downside for the other formats seems reasonably small and
we have the options suggested by Tom in case we need to reclaim
the extra memory being consumed with the current approach.
I'm looking forward to measuring the impact on memory and performance
with one of the bigger apps we have in house :-).