This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Remove m68k-elf special cases from gdb.trace
- From: Stan Shebs <stan at codesourcery dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, Michael Snyder <msnyder at vmware dot com>
- Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 10:39:42 -0800
- Subject: Re: Remove m68k-elf special cases from gdb.trace
- References: <20091102012332.GA31878@caradoc.them.org>
Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
WP has some background at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EMC_Symmetrix .
Our tree has carried around (an older version of) this patch for some
Once upon a distant past, when tracepoint support was first added, GDB
supported some sort of EMC device (probably a NAS or similar?) with an
m68k processor. It was a bit different from other GDB targets and the
main interest was tracepoints rather than full debugging. So bits
sprang up in the testsuite to accomodate this device.
Ironically, the original tracepoint project was motivated by EMC's
PowerPC transition - the 68k bits were just for testing in the meantime.
(IIRC EMC never used GDB for 68k-target debugging at all!) So there's
nothing lost by ditching those bits, and it will clear the field for
updating to modern setup.