This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: x86-64 gdbserver config
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 21:37:47 -0500
- Subject: Re: x86-64 gdbserver config
- References: <4AEED5B3.email@example.com> <20091102230840.GC4557@adacore.com>
On Mon, Nov 02, 2009 at 03:08:40PM -0800, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> I am trying to understand the situation under which this patch would
> be used. Is it when using a cross compiler or can it be when using
> a native compiler? Or both?
Either. It's not too uncommon in my experience to build a
64-bit-capable toolchain as i686-linux-gnu or i686-solaris2.10.
At least for Debian, we did this to avoid having to change the triplet
inappropriately when 32-bit systems were still supported.