This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] Add support for --without-zlib
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 17:29:06 -0600
- Subject: Re: [RFA] Add support for --without-zlib
- References: <20091030182157.GS24532@adacore.com> <20091030212114.GA8158@host0.dyn.jankratochvil.net> <20091030213045.GB8029@adacore.com>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Joel" == Joel Brobecker <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>> It should be more systematic to use AC_ARG_WITH than AC_ARG_ENABLE as it is
>> about a dependency on external software as described in the autoconf manual.
Joel> Makes sense, indeed. I wanted to avoid --with-zlib because I wanted
Joel> to avoid the confusion with a possible --with-zlib-prefix.
FWIW, GCC has --with-system-zlib.
It would be nice not to wind up with multiple ways to configure this