This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] Add support for --without-zlib (was --disable-zlib)
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 14:30:45 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFA] Add support for --without-zlib (was --disable-zlib)
- References: <20091030182157.GS24532@adacore.com> <20091030212114.GA8158@host0.dyn.jankratochvil.net>
> It should be more systematic to use AC_ARG_WITH than AC_ARG_ENABLE as it is
> about a dependency on external software as described in the autoconf manual.
Makes sense, indeed. I wanted to avoid --with-zlib because I wanted
to avoid the confusion with a possible --with-zlib-prefix.
> And I would prefer to be also able to force the requirement - it makes the
> vendor packaging sanity checking of prerequisited packages easier.
I will post a new set of patches later.