This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFC] design question re: watchpoint target methods
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 13:27:58 -0400
- Subject: Re: [RFC] design question re: watchpoint target methods
- References: <20091029145817.GO24340@adacore.com>
On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 07:58:17AM -0700, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> And to replace them by by a new operation:
> enum stopped_by_watchpoint (*to_thread_stopped_by_watchpoint)
> (ptid_t ptid, CORE_ADDR *data_address_p);
> Actually, I think that all target_ops operations should take a struct
> target_ops parameter, even if not needed, at least for consistency, but
> also to facilitate transitions if this parameter ever becomes needed
> later on.
This sounds sensible to me.