This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
[ob] Thumb-2 stepping fix
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Antti Hatala <ahatala at nvidia dot com>
- Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 16:18:51 -0400
- Subject: [ob] Thumb-2 stepping fix
Antti Hatala reported off-list that I got the test for IT instructions
wrong. I've tested this fix on arm-none-eabi and checked it in.
I hope we'll be able to remove this error in the next couple of months
- but I don't know quite how yet :-( I'm still thinking about it, but
the problem is thorny.
2009-10-28 Daniel Jacobowitz <email@example.com>
Reported by Antti Hatala <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
* arm-tdep.c (thumb_get_next_pc): Limit check to IT instructions
RCS file: /cvs/src/src/gdb/arm-tdep.c,v
retrieving revision 1.291
diff -u -p -r1.291 arm-tdep.c
--- arm-tdep.c 19 Oct 2009 09:51:40 -0000 1.291
+++ arm-tdep.c 28 Oct 2009 20:15:24 -0000
@@ -2284,7 +2284,7 @@ thumb_get_next_pc (struct frame_info *fr
/* On GNU/Linux, where this routine is used, we use an undefined
instruction as a breakpoint. Unlike BKPT, IT can disable execution
of the undefined instruction. So we might miss the breakpoint! */
- if ((inst1 & 0xff00) == 0xbf00 || (it & 0x0f))
+ if (((inst1 & 0xff00) == 0xbf00 && (inst1 & 0x000f) != 0) || (it & 0x0f))
error (_("Stepping through Thumb-2 IT blocks is not yet supported"));
if (it & 0x0f)