This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] comment looks wrong...
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Michael Snyder <msnyder at vmware dot com>
- Cc: "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 16:04:35 -0400
- Subject: Re: [RFA] comment looks wrong...
- References: <4AE89A1F.email@example.com>
On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 12:23:11PM -0700, Michael Snyder wrote:
> The comment in findvar about extract_*_integer looked wrong to me,
> with respect to target vs. host. If I'm right, this is an improvement,
> but if I'm confused, then so are these comments. ;-/
It's some subject/object fuzziness, I think.
> -/* Basic byte-swapping routines. GDB has needed these for a long time...
> - All extract a target-format integer at ADDR which is LEN bytes long. */
> +/* Basic byte-swapping routines. GDB has needed these for a long
> + time... All 'extract' functions extract a host-format integer at
> + ADDR which is LEN bytes long. */
Which do you extract - the value being read or the value being
returned? It means the value being read, which is in target format.