This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: --gc-section leftovers workaround.
- From: Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov at google dot com>
- To: Pedro Alves <pedro at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 12:23:11 -0700
- Subject: Re: --gc-section leftovers workaround.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 11:51 AM, Pedro Alves <email@example.com> wrote:
> With --gc-sections, gnu ld zeros out the start addresses of
> unreferences FDEs, but leaves them behind.
I believe the same thing happens when there are multiple instances of the
same inline function in several translation units: one is selected, and
debug info for the other ones gets zero start address.
The patch looks good to me.