This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Build failure: src/gdb ChangeLog record.c gcore.c gcore.h
- From: Hui Zhu <teawater at gmail dot com>
- To: Michael Snyder <msnyder at vmware dot com>
- Cc: Michael Eager <eager at eagercon dot com>, Pierre Muller <muller at ics dot u-strasbg dot fr>, "msnyder at sourceware dot org" <msnyder at sourceware dot org>, "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 08:25:53 +0800
- Subject: Re: Build failure: src/gdb ChangeLog record.c gcore.c gcore.h
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <4AE1CC6E.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4AE37D44.email@example.com> <4AE386EF.firstname.lastname@example.org>
I try to link gcore.o together with record.o in cygwin. It looks OK.
Maybe it's a way to handle this issue.
On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 06:59, Michael Snyder <email@example.com> wrote:
> Michael Eager wrote:
>> Michael Snyder wrote:
>>> Pierre Muller wrote:
>>>> ?This patch to record.c causes compilation failure on OpenSolaris
>>>> ?The reason is that byteswap.h
>>>> is not found.
>>>> The strange thing is that apparently this
>>>> is already known in gnulib,
>>>> Is it that the gdb/gnulib is only a small part of the complete gnulib?
>>>> ?Could someone fix this please?
>>> Folks, really sorry about all the build failures.
>>> Just getting up, give me a few minutes to have coffee.
>>> I have an idea that I think will clear this up quickly.
>> Looks like gcore.o is not linked in.
> Can't do it that way -- gcore.o is included (or not)
> via the host makefile fragment in NATDEPFILES.
> It doesn't work for some hosts, that's why it isn't included for all.
>> Index: Makefile.in
>> RCS file: /cvs/src/src/gdb/Makefile.in,v
>> retrieving revision 1.1103
>> diff -u -p -r1.1103 Makefile.in
>> --- Makefile.in 21 Oct 2009 14:14:56 -0000 ? ? ?1.1103
>> +++ Makefile.in 24 Oct 2009 22:16:44 -0000
>> @@ -834,7 +834,7 @@ COMMON_OBS = $(DEPFILES) $(CONFIG_OBS) $
>> ? ? ? ? solib.o solib-null.o \
>> ? ? ? ? prologue-value.o memory-map.o xml-support.o xml-syscall.o \
>> ? ? ? ? target-descriptions.o target-memory.o xml-tdesc.o xml-builtin.o \
>> - ? ? ? inferior.o osdata.o gdb_usleep.o record.o \
>> + ? ? ? inferior.o osdata.o gdb_usleep.o record.o gcore.o \
>> ? ? ? ? jit.o progspace.o
>> ?# Definitions for the syscall's XML files and dir