This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] Makefile.in, linux.mh: Move Process Record to NATDEPFILES
- From: Pedro Alves <pedro at codesourcery dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Michael Snyder <msnyder at vmware dot com>
- Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 17:11:48 +0100
- Subject: Re: [RFA] Makefile.in, linux.mh: Move Process Record to NATDEPFILES
- References: <4AE1CF46.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Friday 23 October 2009 16:44:06, Michael Snyder wrote:
> Hey folks, we ran into a bunch of build problems because record.c
> was being compiled in a lot of builds where it wasn't needed (or
> This change will make record.c be like gcore.c, in that it is only
> built if the target config files explicitly call for it.
(You mean the host config file.)
No. We had designed record_stratum so that it could be used
transparently of whatever's the process_stratum target beneath, which
allows precord to work against remote (gdbserver) and sim, e.g.,
moxie precord support.
> For this patch, I've only included record.c for i386-linux.
> We can add amd64-linux in a separate patch if we decide it is