This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch 3/3] debug-file-directory with multiple components
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 12:21:38 -0600
- Subject: Re: [patch 3/3] debug-file-directory with multiple components
- References: <20091021231039.GD2658@host0.dyn.jankratochvil.net>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Jan" == Jan Kratochvil <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Jan> for various reasons `debug-file-directory' would be sometimes
Jan> useful to have multiple components such as `solib-search-path' has.
This seems reasonable to me.
Jan> It should be a backward compatible extension as DIRNAME_SEPARATOR
Jan> should never be a valid part of a single DEBUG_FILE_DIRECTORY
Why is that? It doesn't seem really impossible to me, just unlikely.
FWIW, I don't think this should actually block this patch. If this were
a real problem we would need a solution to it anywhere we have a list of
The code bits look ok to me.
But, please wait a few days to see if there are any objections.