This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Time to switch from CVS to GIT? [Re: [v8] multi-executable support]
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov at google dot com>
- Cc: Pedro Alves <pedro at codesourcery dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 15:19:01 -0700
- Subject: Re: Time to switch from CVS to GIT? [Re: [v8] multi-executable support]
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
(I'm evil - I could help doing some advocating, sorry!)
> I don't recall this being discussed, sorry if it has been.
> Should we switch to git as the primary repository?
It actually has been discussed; some of the discussion was on
the binutils list. There's a few of us who'd like to see it happen,
but it's not easy, because of partial checkouts. GDB is part of
a larger repository (src) and we'd need to a plan to make sure
that a transition to any other VC system does not introduce new
issues. There's also been some resistance towards git from some
of the contributors and maintainers.