This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] let record_resume fail immediately on error
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Hui Zhu <teawater at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Michael Snyder <msnyder at vmware dot com>, "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 19:42:02 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFA] let record_resume fail immediately on error
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <4ABE5E8D.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20090928160728.GB9003@adacore.com> <email@example.com> <20090929212910.GG6362@adacore.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20091014021007.GO5272@adacore.com> <email@example.com>
> (gdb) record
> (gdb) c
> Process record doesn't support instruction rdtsc.
> Process record doesn't support instruction 0xf31 at address 0x8048352.
> Process record: failed to record execution log.
> Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted.
OK - I can see that there is a SIGABRT, and so I suspect that this
SIGABRT is a consequence of the problem you're trying to fix. Can you
explain the sequence of events that occur inside GDB that cause this
SIGABRT? Can you also explain how you are fixing this problem? Again,
from a copy of the GDB session *after* your patch, it looks like GDB
is stuck on the unsupported instruction, and I'm not sure that this
is an improvement. So I'm assuming that I am not understanding what
your fix is doing.