This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Rewrite the codes for opcode 0x0f01 and add more instructions support
- From: Jiang Jilin <freephp at gmail dot com>
- To: Michael Snyder <msnyder at vmware dot com>
- Cc: Hui Zhu <teawater at gmail dot com>, gdb-patches ml <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>, "tromey at redhat dot com" <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 10:21:25 +0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Rewrite the codes for opcode 0x0f01 and add more instructions support
- References: <email@example.com> <4AD28E95.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 10:04 AM, Michael Snyder <email@example.com> wrote:
> Jiang Jilin wrote:
>> Hi, guys
>> I've rewrite the codes for opcode 0x0f01 with more readable, add
>> xgetbv/xsetbv/rdtscp/vmcall/vmlaunch/vmresume/vmxoff instructions
>> support as well.
>> However, I'm *not* sure it's whether right or not, especially with
>> the new supported instructions beginning with "vm". And I remove all
>> codes to save EFLAGS register which is not specified to be saved by
>> Intel's manual, so please help me review them.
>> Luckily, there is no regression when using precord.exp board file to test.
>> At last but not least, there is some differences in gdb.sum when
>> 'make check' before and after applying this patch. I cannot make
>> a decision whether it's correct, so please help me. The diff are
>> as follows:
> Ah well, but you see, now the change is too big to be accepted
> without a copyright assignment. ?Do you want to start the process
> of filing one?
I've done as Joel told me, now I just wait for the paper arrival.
Anyway, thank you! :)
> [Cc: Tom Tromey]