This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Add xgetbv/xsetbv instructions support for precord.
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Jiang Jilin <freephp at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Hui Zhu <teawater at gmail dot com>, Michael Snyder <msnyder at vmware dot com>, gdb-patches ml <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 10:21:19 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add xgetbv/xsetbv instructions support for precord.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> 2009-10-09 Jiang Jilin <email@example.com>
> * i386-tdep.c (i386_process_record): Add xgetbv/xsetbv instructions support
I will trust you on the instruction analysis and testing of your patch.
If you ran the testsuite to verify that there is no regression before
and after your patch (please confirm), then this patch is approved.
Just one minor nit: The line in the ChangeLog needs to be split as
it goes beyond 80 columns.
I could not locate you in our FSF assignment database. Do you have
an FSF assignment on file? If not, I don't think we can take this
contribution until you do (too large to be taken as an obvious change
or what we call a "tiny change"). Let us know whether you do or do not,
and whether you'd like to get you started on the paperwork. It takes
a few weeks, so should we need it, sooner would be better than later.