This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch 3/4] Fix hw watchpoints: remove dead code [update]
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 11:51:10 -0700
- Subject: Re: [patch 3/4] Fix hw watchpoints: remove dead code [update]
- References: <20090817194624.GD10694@host0.dyn.jankratochvil.net> <20091003171059.GC26203@host0.dyn.jankratochvil.net>
> 2009-08-17 Jan Kratochvil <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * i386-nat.c (i386_stopped_by_hwbp): Remove.
Thanks for taking care of that. From what I can tell, this function
has never been used ever since it was introduced in 2001! (for everyone's
interest, if you are wondering why we like git so much, git log -p --grep
gave me that answer within a couple of minutes:).
> 2009-10-03 Jan Kratochvil <email@example.com>
> * gdb.base/watchpoint-hw.exp: New variable breakline.
> (hbreak, continue to break-at-exit after hbreak): New tests.
This part is approved. The issue is that the testcase is dependent
on another patch which is still pending. You can either merge that
patch into the one it depends on, but I'd rather have a separate
small testcase for hbreak. That way, if hbreak alone breaks, we
only have to look at that, rather than start by isolating the hbreak
problem from the rest of the testcase.