This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Can we make gdbinit.in set the data-directory to @srcdir@?
- From: Pedro Alves <pedro at codesourcery dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 20:56:30 +0100
- Subject: Can we make gdbinit.in set the data-directory to @srcdir@?
While working on "catch syscall" issues, I found it weird
that a non-installed gdb ran from the build dir didn't pick
up the syscall names from the xml file found in its own sources.
I think it should, always, even when at some point distros start
including data in the default system data dir, which is meant for
the system gdb, not for the gdb one is hacking on.
Would anyone object to this?
2009-10-02 Pedro Alves <email@example.com>
* gdbinit.in: set data-directory to @srcdir@.
gdb/gdbinit.in | 2 ++
1 file changed, 2 insertions(+)
--- src.orig/gdb/gdbinit.in 2009-10-01 15:15:16.000000000 +0100
+++ src/gdb/gdbinit.in 2009-10-02 20:45:52.000000000 +0100
@@ -16,6 +16,8 @@ dir @srcdir@
set prompt (top-gdb)
+set data-directory @srcdir@
if $argc == 1
call dump_die ($arg0, 1)