This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch] Set calling convention of methods
- From: Mark Kettenis <mark dot kettenis at xs4all dot nl>
- To: jonas dot maebe at elis dot ugent dot be
- Cc: brobecker at adacore dot com, tromey at redhat dot com, mark dot kettenis at xs4all dot nl, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 11:19:14 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [patch] Set calling convention of methods
- References: <7B6EF4DA-76C8-4D9C-8B9F-94153EF1C4E1@elis.ugent.be> <email@example.com> <691B0BA8-C606-42FF-A796-76CC9C31556A@elis.ugent.be> <200904222215.n3MMF0p2006994@brahms.sibelius.xs4all.nl> <19C107AA-5271-4C23-A6D2-AFF75BBAC4E4@elis.ugent.be> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <5AA3BCA9-1ECF-446E-8B49-3132F0E470FB@elis.ugent.be> <20090930000225.GA10338@adacore.com> <8F3B6095-4766-432D-ABB5-AB4DAA2D5572@elis.ugent.be> <267A47C4-C452-4EC5-B74E-7C5C26AF227E@elis.ugent.be> <20090930162510.GE10338@adacore.com> <C3FC6AD4-40BC-4CC2-8E6F-AFAA072EDC70@elis.ugent.be>
> From: Jonas Maebe <email@example.com>
> Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 11:17:54 +0200
> > Overall, this looks OK to me, but Mark seemed interested in reviewing
> > this patch, so please wait for his comments as well.
> Ok. Note that my mail client is known to wrap text at 80 columns (and
> adds a space at the end of each wrapped line for detecting this
> operation). This behaviour cannot be disabled afaik, and yes, one
> could certainly consider this to be a bug. At the same time, it
> however also adds '"Format="flowed"; DelSp="yes"' to the Content-Type
> header, so mail clients on the other side can reconstruct the original
> text (if those clients support these modifiers, which I hope is the
It's sad that modern graphical e-mail clients get in the way here and
generate all this complicated crap.
Some people using similarly broken mail clients circumvent the problem
by including a diff both inline and as an attachment. While not
ideal, that's an acceptable solution to me.
> 2009-10-01 Jonas Maebe <jonas.maebe <at> elis.ugent.be>
> Add support for the "Borland fastcall" calling convention.
> * dwarf2.h: Add DW_CC_GNU_borland_fastcall_i386 constant.
> * i386-tdep.c: #include dwarf2.h
> (i386_borland_fastcall_push_dummy_call): New.
> (i386_push_dummy_generic_call): Renamed i386_push_dummy_call.
> (i386_push_dummy_call): New dispatch function that calls
> i386_generic_push_dummy_call or i386_push_dummy_borland_fast_call
> depending on the calling convention.
> * gdb.dwarf2/dw2-borland_fastcall.exp: New.
> * gdb.dwarf2/dw2-borland_fastcall.S: New.
The i386-tdep.c bits are fine with me. I haven't been following the
dwarf2.h discussion too closely; whatever consensus that's reached
there is fine with me.