This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: symbolic debug of loadable modules with kgdb light
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Caz Yokoyama <cazyokoyama at gmail dot com>
- Cc: 'Eli Zaretskii' <eliz at gnu dot org>, pedro at codesourcery dot com, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 12:36:42 -0700
- Subject: Re: symbolic debug of loadable modules with kgdb light
- References: <2C14068798BA41219F3603CDD24C8BC0@xpjpn> <20090929051929.GL9003@adacore.com> <7063C3E99BE344B2B98EDC0318ED852A@xpjpn> <20090929163910.GO9003@adacore.com> <93F096FEF7ED4579B52B23D69DA91195@xpjpn> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20090930201204.GH10338@adacore.com> <5650DA603A804427AA3B3F8F91164548@xpjpn> <20091001163330.GL10338@adacore.com> <0C6ED71F84CD48A9A37E2161011EF64B@xpjpn>
> >> +set remote interrupt-sequence [Ctrl-C | BREAK | SysRq-g]
> >You changed the user interface again, this is really frustrating.
> Sorry for frustrating you. The reason I changed is the following words by
OK - sorry if I snapped a little. I couldn't understand this even after
re-reviewing the previous emails. I think you misunderstood what Eli
said, but I will let him confirm (and re-explain) or deny that.
As I said, either way is fine by me at this point, I just want the
functionality to be there, and the naming is not hugely important
after all. I suggested break-g over SysRq-g because perhaps SysRq
could be implemented through a different character (?).
> >Please use the same conventions for these keys as in the portion you are
> replacing. >For example, BREAK should be in caps and control-c should be
> spelled Ctrl-C.
> When interrupt sequence is controlled by remotebreak, the user does not need
> to enter strings. On the other hand, s/he has to specify sequence name on
> "set remote interrupt-sequence". In addition, the sequence name has to be
> same on document and actual command. Therefore, I changed according to Eli.
> Let me know what you want.