This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Unbreak 'catch syscall' + multi-threading
- From: Doug Evans <dje at google dot com>
- To: Pedro Alves <pedro at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 02:50:55 -0700
- Subject: Re: Unbreak 'catch syscall' + multi-threading
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 5:48 PM, Pedro Alves <email@example.com> wrote:
> As we were discussing yesterday, 'catch syscall' is unfortunately
> broken with multi-threading in the mix, plus it has a few other
> problems (present on 7.0 too, of course). ?This patch fixes all the
> issues I found.
> The code now uses (SIGTRAP | 0x80) directly in the couple
> ? of places that need it, since that is exactly how the event is
> ? described in the ptrace man page.
nit: 0x80 is still a magic number no different than others (ISTM anyway).
IWBN to keep TRAP_IS_SYSCALL (change the name however you like &/|
only record 0x80 in it if you like).