This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] dwarf2_physname
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Michael Eager <eager at eagercon dot com>
- Cc: Keith Seitz <keiths at redhat dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 17:35:18 -0600
- Subject: Re: [RFA] dwarf2_physname
- References: <4A9C358E.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4A9C54F6.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Michael" == Michael Eager <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Michael> There was a significant amount of discussion about whether this was
Michael> really needed. There were a couple examples where it might provide
Michael> information which was not otherwise available or where it compensated
Michael> for linkers which didn't support weak externs.
I read that page and didn't see these examples. Do you know where we
could find them?
It seems to me that if we can do the job without DW_AT_*linkage_name,
then all other things being equal that is what we ought to do,
considering that the new attribute is optional. In practice this only
means that we must determine whether all other things actually are