This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: fixup SIM_CHECK_*
- From: Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- To: Ralf Wildenhues <Ralf dot Wildenhues at gmx dot de>
- Cc: "Frank Ch. Eigler" <fche at redhat dot com>, Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 09:21:27 +0200
- Subject: Re: fixup SIM_CHECK_*
- References: <20090815112928.GB5396@gmx.de> <20090815113302.GC20172@gmx.de> <20090818184349.GE30742@gmx.de> <email@example.com> <20090825195545.GC5034@gmx.de>
On 08/25/2009 09:55 PM, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
* Frank Ch. Eigler wrote on Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 09:34:37PM CEST:
According to the FIXME note in that file, please excise SIM_CHECK_*
altogether if it has been mooted by a modern autoconf.
This was still left TODO. Of course, I managed to actually commit a
patch, that would not expand AC_CHECK_MEMBERS correctly, as that uses
_$0_BODY internally, and $0 is still SIM_CHECK_MEMBER (Paolo, it's ugly
to have to remember this, so we maybe shouldn't use m4_defn so much):
Hey, Eric (Blake) is the big optimizer in Autoconf-land, not me. :-) I
agree with you, though of course I don't like this kind of relying on
The patch seems fine.