This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Process record and replay checked in to main trunk
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- To: Hui Zhu <teawater at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 01 May 2009 20:55:24 +0300
- Subject: Re: Process record and replay checked in to main trunk
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
> Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 01:02:33 +0800
> From: Hui Zhu <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org,
> email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,
> > What I think is still missing from the manual is a few sentences that
> > would explain when this target is useful. ?Can you provide such ``war
> > stories''? ?I will then add them to the manual.
> Which sentences? ``war stories''?
> Do you mean is internal doc?
No, I mean description of when this target is useful in real life, and
how you will use it. In other words, put yourself in a place of
someone who reads the manual about the record/replay target and asks
him/herself "why should I care about this new feature?" Then try to
answer that question. And try to answer it so that the reader will
wonder how could she ever get by without this feature before.