This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] Make mi_cmd_break_insert exception-safe.
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Vladimir Prus <vladimir at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 17:16:53 -0500
- Subject: Re: [RFA] Make mi_cmd_break_insert exception-safe.
- References: <email@example.com>
On Sun, Jan 27, 2008 at 05:15:07PM +0300, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> The gdb_breakpoint function, as I understand it, was supposed to be part of
> libgdb interface, defined in gdb.h header. However, libgdb is not even close to
> being usable, and when I've asked about using gdb as a library some time ago, the
> response was that it's too hard to do, and it's no longer a goal. Therefore,
> I think it makes no sense to keep gdb_breakpoint non-throwing.
There is a convention that the gdb_* functions don't throw, though.
It's very confusing what does and does not throw in GDB. Before this
patch, did gdb_breakpoint actually throw? If so, would fixing it
by using try/catch inside gdb_breakpoint fix this bug too?