This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFC] Linux-specific ppc32 ABI
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Luis Machado <luisgpm at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 22:06:29 -0800
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Linux-specific ppc32 ABI
- References: <1199991624.3343.19.camel@gargoyle>
> The question is, would it be safe to assume that SYSV would comply with
> Linux ABI's especifications for ppc32, so it would only be necessary to
> change the SYSV implementation, or would it be a better idea to just
> write new Linux-specific code in ppc-linux-tdep.c?
Is there a different ABI for Linux on powerpc?
> I presume it's better to just write new Linux-specific code in case we
> need to treat those ABI's differently in the future.
Assuming a difference in ABI does exist:
How about an extra flag inside the gdbarch_tdep structure that
you'll be using inside the push dummy call? It would be a shame
duplicate this function when most of it is common.