This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: RFC: example fix to pr 2360
- From: "Doug Evans" <dje at google dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 11:37:13 -0800
- Subject: Re: RFC: example fix to pr 2360
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20071217000136.GA9212@caradoc.them.org>
On Dec 16, 2007 4:01 PM, Daniel Jacobowitz <email@example.com> wrote:
> Are there any examples of this without #line?
Thanks for the review. I'm not aware of any examples without #line.
While dwarf doesn't understand inodes the paths do have some canonical
behaviour. e.g. As I understand it, posix says //tmp/foo == /tmp/foo.
I recognize the paths are from the compilation host not the debug
host, we could write a path canonicalizer.
But no matter, I can certainly pursue a different fix for the problem
at hand, perhaps by adding an option to gcc to set DW_AT_comp_dir.