This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: psim stfiwx instruction patch
- From: Tom Marn <tom dot marn at telargo dot com>
- To: Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 14:49:53 +0100
- Subject: Re: psim stfiwx instruction patch
- References: <457EA110.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: tom dot marn at telargo dot com
Joel Sherrill wrote:
This is in reference to the patch in:
and your comments here:
I don't have a whole lot to offer except that gcc now generates
this instruction and the simulator needs it. The RTEMS test code
which made gcc generate this instruction now run correctly. Those
tests are not specifically of this instruction by itself but of an
entire program where gcc generated it.
So things are better with this patch than without. Without,
you get an exception and die. With it, you run.
If the comments stay, is the patch OK?
No, on comment out location GDB code just won't compile.
But at new (for me ;) ) more appropriate location compiles without problems.
See my comment: http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2006-11/msg00370.html