This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Add ATTRIBUTE_PACKED to ansidecl.h
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: 06 Dec 2006 10:46:21 -0800
- Subject: Re: Add ATTRIBUTE_PACKED to ansidecl.h
- References: <email@example.com>
Nick Clifton <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Does anyone know when the packed attribute was actually introduced
> into gcc ? I have not put a version number check into the patch
> because as far as I could tell it came in when support for
> __attribute__ was added.
Yes. __attribute__ ((packed)) was added in gcc 2.7, which is also
when __attribute__ was added.